RIP Tim Conway - An American Comedy Icon Passed away Tuesday (20190514)  

GregBO
Admin
15/05/2019 4:11 pm  

While Tim Conway's time on the "Carol Burnett Show" is often viewed as the highlight of his career, he was a multi-talented performer in television, movies and stand up comedy.  His ability for ad-lib improvisational humor often resulted in his co-stars becoming unable to continue with their lines and the story line of the scene to go in an entirely different direction away from the script.

Tim Conway

The Tim Conway - Harvey Korman Carol Burnett Show "The Dentist" skit has been called the funniest skits in the history of television.

Tim earned his first Emmy award for this role as Ensign Charles Parker

in McHales Navy, starring Ernest Borgnine.  He received 13 Emmy nominations throughout his career while receiving four awards.

​"What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal." -Albert Pike

​"​My father didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.​" - Clarence Buddinton Kelland

Beered by Old Buck, Uly The Cunning, The Evil Genius and 1 people
The Evil Genius
Admin
16/05/2019 2:03 am  

That was too funny. I'd never seen that skit before. 

ReplyQuote
GregBO
Admin
16/05/2019 6:25 pm  

TEG:  As we have discussed before, the comedy of the past were built upon a sense of timing and awareness of humor. Not the case today ... 

​"What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal." -Albert Pike

​"​My father didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.​" - Clarence Buddinton Kelland

ReplyQuote
GregBO
Admin
16/05/2019 7:57 pm  

Just a man trying to support himself:

"Here’s another great example of Conway’s skills as both a physical comedian and actor, as he plays a seemingly hapless door-to-door salesman who tricks Vicki Lawrence into doing his job for him—and keeps the change, to boot."

ReplyQuote
GregBO
Admin
16/05/2019 8:05 pm  

Just another working stiff .....

Beered by #Redpillbible
ReplyQuote
GregBO
Admin
16/05/2019 8:12 pm  

And when the going gets tough, the tough arrive:

Yep, the first "Ashy Slashy" appearance 

In this long sketch Conway plays a not particularly threatening—or competent—Nazi interrogator who does more damage to the room he’s in than the prisoner. His co-star Lyle Waggoner cracks about halfway through; if you thought Jimmy Fallon was bad about losing it on SNL, you might not be able to handle The Carol Burnett Show, where cracking was pretty much a constant.

ReplyQuote
GregBO
Admin
17/05/2019 2:24 pm  

For all those looking for employment options through retirement:

[11:08]

These types of establishments are still around and are worth the effort to find.  

Beered by #Redpillbible
ReplyQuote
GregBO
Admin
21/05/2019 5:54 pm  

Here's another skit where Tim Conway took control, or so it seemed at the time.  Vickie Lawrence obtained revenge at the 4:18 mark however...

Beered by #Redpillbible
ReplyQuote
Advertisements